Welcome! I’m Dr. Stephanie Kutnar and I am a Diversus Health psychologist. While I wear a variety of hats at Diversus, I’m proud to offer clinical services in the domains of neuro/psychological testing (for children and adolescents) and therapy (for individuals age 10 and older).
A note from me to you:
If you’ve found yourself scrolling this page, I want to celebrate you for your bravery and vulnerability (even if it’s a delicate and flickering flame), to reach out for support for yourself and/or a loved one. This is a big step. Life can be challenging at times (or for some of us, life can feel relentlessly difficult!) and having someone to walk with us through the ups and downs can be an invaluable gift. It is special when we’re able to work toward healing, growth, and momentum – as messy as that process can be! – in the context of a safe and confidential therapeutic relationship; the bond between individual client/family and therapist is one that can be quite meaningful and the possibilities for forward movement are boundless when there is commitment, trust, patience, and willingness. So if you’re not sure if therapy is for you/your loved one, if you’ve tried it before and didn’t find it helpful, if you’re skeptical/concerned because of stigma, if you’re on the fence about being ready to tackle life’s challenges, if you’re ready to give up/feel hopeless, or if you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work – no matter where you are at in your journey – I would love to meet with you and see if I could meet the needs. As a testing psychologist and therapist, I would be honored to join you in the healing process. I would be happy to meet you right where you’re at. I would feel privileged to believe in you when you’re having a hard time believing in yourself. I would be humbled and ready to sit with you through the most painful experiences and feelings – whether it be in your own treatment, family treatment, or treatment for your kid(s). Let’s get to work!
I’m trained to provide therapy based on a theoretical framework. I take an eclectic approach and will rely on a combination of the following orientations, metaframeworks, and perspectives:
– Acceptance and Commitment Therapy/Relational Frame Theory
– Relational Psychodynamic Approach
– Developmental Psychopathology Metaframework
– Family Systems (favoring Structural, Bowenian, and Emotion Focused)
– Existential, client-centered, and humanistic approaches
** My work also strives to be highly collaborative, as well as attachment- and trauma-informed
Specialty services I currently offer include:
– Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
– CAMS-care for suicide prevention
– Integration of faith in treatment upon request
– Attachment-based family assessments and assessment guided treatment
– Individual Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adolescents and adults
– Co-parenting support and parent training
Things I enjoy:
– When I’m not doing psychological testing or providing therapy, I’m probably reading a book or article, developing a training or program, or dreaming up a research study/data collection on the topic of employee and organizational wellness. Many of us spend a significant amount of our time at work – so I find great fulfillment devoting my professional efforts to helping individuals engage their work meaningfully without compromising their health and relationships in the process. I also enjoy helping organizations figure out ways to better support and care for employees (and by extension their families and communities AKA you, the client!).
– For fun, I like listening to and making music, running, adventuring, and dabbling in photography